The Hertfordshire Naturalist 2017 was mailed to members in October. Its 72 pages include papers on:
- The overwintering sites of ladybirds, shieldbugs and allied species
- Water vole re-introduction
- The revival of Thorley Wash Nature Reserve
- The diversity of Muntjac diets
- Glow worms in Bramble's Wood
- The Modular River Survey
This year's photo-feature is on caddisflies (Trichoptera). In addition to recorders' reports and the HNHS Management committee's annual report and accounts, the issue also includes a review of our acclaimed new book Butterflies of Hertfordshire and Middlesex.
The Hertfordshire Naturalist is sent free of charge to HNHS members. Click here for details on how to join the Society.
The Hertfordshire Naturalist 2017 is published as Volume 49 Part 1 of the Transactions of Hertfordshire Natural History Society, ISSN 0375 3409 (October 2017)