The 2011 report is now available with this lovely photo by Andrew Steele of the Snow Bunting at Startops End Reservoir on the cover. The report is in full colour throughout with masses of information and photos of all our county?s birds.
Copies were distributed to all current members of HNHS/Herts Bird Club on 17 July 2013.
The Report features the special birds seen in 2011 plus the regular articles and information about the current status of bird species in the county:
- Black-necked Grebes Breeding in Hertfordshire, Jack Fearnside, Robert Cripps and Peter Delaloye
- Eastern Crowned Warbler at Hilfield Park Reservoir on 30 October 2011 Jack Fearnside
- Herts Rare Birds Panel report
- Review of the year
- Systematic list
- Records of birds of captive origin
- Bird ringing in Hertfordshire in 2011
- The Breeding Bird Survey in Hertfordshire in 2011
- Guidelines for observers ? a checklist of the ?birds of Hertfordshire
- List of observers
- Herts Bird Club committee and contacts.
The following information is published on the website and is not included in the Bird Report:
- Results of the Wetland Bird Survey (WeBS) for 2011 are available here.
- Herts Gazetteer of sites for bird recording is now online here.
Copies are available for ?5 (p&p free for dispatch to addresses in the UK) from HNHS Secretary, Linda Smith, 24 Mandeville Rise, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL8 7JU.
Please send a cheque made payable to Hertfordshire Natural History Society to Linda or buy with PayPal below.