You are invited to submit nominations for the 1875 Awards for 2009.
As announced at the AGM, up to two Awards will be given each year to recognise:
- an outstanding Hertfordshire naturalist and/or
- someone who has made an outstanding contribution to natural history in Hertfordshire.
Those nominated for awards will be judged against the following criteria:
- Contribution in a voluntary capacity.
- Recognised expertise in their field.
- Duration of contribution.
- Key achievements eg publications, papers.
- Training or educating others.
- Championing conservation/natural history.
- Nominees should normally be members of HNHS.
The HNHS Management Committee will assess nominations and make the final decision. The Awards will be presented at the HNHS AGM and Autumn meeting in November.
Please submit your nominations by 30 May 2009 to:
Tim Hill, 2 Crosthwaite Court, Stewart Road, Harpenden AL5 4RN