Mon 15 Oct 2018 (Daily (Sun. pm only))
An opportunity for children to touch, smell, listen and look as they explore outdoor and indoor woodland spaces at the Natural History Museum, Tring and its surrounds.
- Explore sound, textures, colours and smells.
- Try out curious challenges to test spotting and listening skills.
- Learn how to find and identify woodland species large and small using real field guides.
- Read woodland-themed stories (or make up your own tales).
- Discover two mini woodland spaces: one indoors, one outdoors.
- Continue the adventure beyond the Museum in surrounding Tring Park and woodlands, where nature detectives young and old can put their new skills into practise.
The exhibition is free and not ticketed. Drop in at any time during museum opening hours (Monday-Saturday 10.00-17.00, Sunday 14.00-17.00) The Walter Rothschild building, Akeman Street, Tring, Hertfordshire, HP23 6AP